Hi, I’m Ben Barden. I do (or have done) lots of different things – coding, testing, blogging, writing music, managing teams, building communities. I get bored if I only do one thing. You might call me a “jack of all trades”; in practice it means I have a broad skill set.
What can you find on my blog?
I write about tech, blogging, social media and music. I write about projects past and present, what I’ve done, and what I’ve learned.
While being interested in lots of different things can make my blog feel a bit “scattergun”, there are running themes:
- Getting things done: delivery over perfection
- Software quality: doing things well
- Organisation: keeping track of multiple priorities at a time
- Continuous improvement: making things better, and doing so incrementally (small, frequent changes rather than big bang)
Below is a selection of posts relating to things I’ve done at work, such as notable projects I’ve worked on.
- On becoming a Scrum Master – October 2017
- SEO and technical issues we encountered in Drupal 7 – September 2016
- Redesigning City AM – March 2016
- Rebuilding the post editor at City AM – October 2015
- City AM: Homepage/Category redesign – March 2015
Occasionally I compile eBooks of blog posts on a specific topic. These give the subject a bit more breathing space than a single post provides. These eBooks are free to download as a PDF.
Get in touch
Want to say hi? You can find me on Twitter.
Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.